Sitting on a porch is a great experience for me. I always enjoy it and never tire of sitting on my own porch. I hear a flock of geese flying overhead, crickets chirping, most everyone else in my home is asleep while I sit on our porch with my laptop on my lap, writing this blog. The more time you spend on a porch, the more ways you will find to use it, and anything that enhances the experience, in my mind is welcome. That is not to say I don’t love even the simplest, unadorned porches too. Here are a few porch accessories we have found helpful. I should say, that if I did not have good wifi on my own porch, I would not be writing this blog live in WordPress.
- Fireplaces add a wonderful experience to a porch. They can also extend the porch season by adding that extra warmth.
- Ceiling fans should not be forgotten since they temper the warmest summer and help keep the bugs away.
- Speaking of bugs, a roller screen from Phantom Screens can give instant relief from pests at the touch of a button.
- Porch heaters can make it comfortable anytime to sit on the porch.
- Great lighting can set the mood on a porch.
- Built-in grills can make a porch the hub of summer feasts.
- Sound systems as well as other media can add another dimension to porch fun.
Any excuse is a good one to sit on a porch, but it doesn’t hurt to have plenty of excuses available.